Saturday 5 April 2008

Emit Ideas - Feedback Required!

Initial Logo IdeasHere are the strongest of my initial logo ideas, some feedback would be appreciated!

1. This logo is based on emitting sound, the word emit has sound waves emitting from it.
2. A clever (ish) idea using all the letters from the word 'emit' the M is on its side if you can't spot it.
3. Emphasising the letter 'e' makes it so that it can be detached from the other letters and used on its own within the black square.
4. My personal favourite, a soundwave behind the word emit.
5. Once again, emphasis on the letter 'e' this time wearing headphones due to it being a logo for a record company.

Please leave feedback as to which you think is your favourite and why and how these ideas could be developed further.

Thanks for reading,
Sue

5 comments:

John Browne said...

Hi Sue, I'm realy liking the idea of bnumber 5, the letter 'e' wearing a set of earphones. It illustrates the product, shows simplicity, good shape, presence, contrast and weight.

If we were designing this for an actual company named 'Emit', I think on a professional scale, this would be there choice.

Shaun Bellis said...

Hi Sue,

Based upon the principles we have learned and upon the aesthetics I believe that you have some strong ideas. Ideas 1, 4 and 5 is similar to the ideas of most people. The headphones on *JUST* the 'E' is the first I have seen like that.

My personal fav has to be number 1. It reminds me of the Adidas logo; it carries a strong weight and the black on white provides high contrast.

Keep up the good work!

--
Shaun Bellis

Tom Smith said...

Hey Sue,
I think 1 and 4 are the strongest of the logo designs. 5 is a good idea, but just looks a bit too cartoony- perhaps if it was redrawn it'd be better. 1 is simple and bold, which is definitely positive, but I think it's a bit similar to some other people's ideas. 4 is probably my favourite, but I'm not sure about the dot above the 'i' and the lines 'emit'ing from it. Try it without? Also, if you were able to get the 1:2 ratio more accurately done it would probably have a bit better presence and shape. I really like the concept though.

Please head over to my blog and check my designs out :).

Gary Benn said...

hi sue....

I like 1 and 4 the most. I think it will be easier if you produce mock ups of them in Freehand and show them after that as well...

I like 4 but how will that be reproduced in a fax?

with 1, I think you need to take the typeface you use really seriously, as it is the main focus point of the logo.

Find something creative, play with them.

Mark Torrington said...

Designs 1 and 5 are my favourites, because they are strong and easy to ready. The first idea could be developed further if it looked less like a torch. The fifth design might be improved slightly if you some how reinforce it with the other letters. You could use the ‘i’ on it’s side to represent a wink, ‘m’ could be the other eye and the letter ‘t’ could be the smile. It might not work but it’s worth a go.