Friday 11 April 2008

Developed Logo - Colour

Logo DevelopmentAfter finally coming to a final developed conclusion with my logo, I decided that as well as a black and white version there should be at least one coloured version, I chose orange. The logo doesn't lose any of its key aspects when changed to colour but enables to it to be displayed on a variety of backgrounds.

As I said this morning, please feel free to leave any feedback you have regarding the logo I've designed. All comments are welcome!

Thanks for reading,
Sue

2 comments:

Andrew said...

I think the obvious thing when first looking at this logo is the shape of it. There are big cut outs from either side and I'm worried about it filling the whole of the proximity. Also when downsizing the graphic how do you think those 'emition lines' will work out, as Liam tried a similar thing and it didn't turn out too well. I also think you've gone down abit too an obvious route, try being able more subtle in your logo creation.

I'll be honest, I really don't like the text, I know your trying to go for the messy text look. But it doesn't come off as a concept like that, it just comes off as poor typographical desicions. Keep trying to improve it though, you've loads of time left.

Suzanne Hullah said...

Thanks for your feedback Andy.

The emitting lines are ok at small scales and I have tested this out by scaling it down and printing it off in various sizes. The logo may be down the obvious route but its simple and provides something relevant to relate the company to.

As for loads of time left, I am on assignment two, which if you've read the assignment sheet means I have lots of other tasks to be doing in the time we've got left. One of them being a style guide which will take up quite a bit of time to write.

Thanks for your time.