Tuesday 9 October 2007

Do I pass or do I fail?

This week was the 'mock' deadline and I’m happy to say that I did get things completed in time. After our seminar meeting with Steve, a few amendments need to be made to my assignment ready for hand in next week.

  • Project Goals
    Add referencing for my goals to show reasoning behind my decisions.
  • Target Audience
    Include a link for Adobe’s website or the Web ReDesign book.
  • Screen Designs
    Add typography used to designs, indicate if JavaScript is being used to validate feedback form.
  • Language Versions
    Re-research language versions as previous research was incorrect.
  • Delivery Requirements
    Arrange content into order, move hosting table to right place in document.
  • Hand in on time for deadline!
    Make sure that document is in plastic wallets, bound together and in a folder at the reception desk for no later than 12 midday on the 16th October 2007!!

I’m ahead of where I thought I would be at this stage of the assignment, due to starting the course two weeks late I thought that I would be behind. My Production Schedule has helped here; due to the planning I’ve done I’ve managed to get the tasks done in time. My weekly planning has improved a lot and I’m finding my self study time a lot easier to manage than I did in the first week of the assignment.

For those of you who are interested, this is my final screen design…

Completed Screen Design

As you can see, a lot of development has been done since I last posted my ideas. Due to accessibility and usability issues, some things had to be edited. Contrast of text and location of navigation were my main two faults.

So for next week, I've got a fair bit of proof-reading and amending to do. A few things that I'd done but not in the right order need to be changed and handed in next week.

Thanks for reading
Sue

5 comments:

Shaun Bellis said...

Hi Suzanne,

First of all, well done. You seam to be well in front with the project.

You seam very organised and have a very clear idea of where you are and where you need to go.

If the rest of the course goes like this for you then you are sure to do well.

Suzanne Hullah said...

Thanks Shaun.

I'm always an organised person, even more so since my daughters birth - the amount of organisation you need for a baby!

Hopefully if I adapt these skills to all my assignments I will do well!

Tom Smith said...

The things you have to do this week are similar to mine.

Just out of interest, did you manage to get a reference for the Adobe site or the Web Redesign book into your Target Audience? I can't seem to find a suitable place.

James Bell said...

Really impressed by how you got all the work done before us and we had a two week head start.

Design looks really good now and the white box really help to improve the contrast when reading the text.

Keep up the good work.

Suzanne Hullah said...

Thanks James.
Personally I don't like the white box, even if it is for contrast issues. But in the end, it's not about me, it's about the client and what is best for them (acessibility and usability wise).