Tuesday 2 October 2007

Running out of time

As the ever approaching deadline stares me in the eyes, I feel confident that I'll finish things on time. The seminar today increased my confidence and I'm more positive about things. After receiving feedback from my classmates and Steve, I've chosen a final design (screen design 5), which needs developing in my sketchbook and then drawn up in pagemaker.

A good 'chuck' of my work is now completed and ready to be 'placed' into the pagemaker template, just a few finishing touches need applying first. Making sure I've got the correct wordcount is vital, as we have a limit on the assignment and going under/over this mark will result in a referall.

My time planning has gone a lot better this week. I found that writing the tasks individually in first, then assigning a time and day to them afterwards was easier, than allocating the time first. This is important as this week is the week where I've got the most work to complete.
With one week to go for finishing, I need to finish:

  • Assets List
    Drawn up a table of assets used, including copyright status and license.
  • Budget Statement
    Research current prices of software, implement in statement and total up.
  • Final Screen Design
    In Pagemaker, draw up my final design not forgetting to mark up sizes and colours.
  • Merit & Distinction List
    Write a list of references to my work, relevant to the merit & distinction criteria.
  • Transfer assignment into Pagemaker
    Transfer the assignment across adding pages for tables and screenshots.
  • Sort references into assignment
    Make sure all my references are accounted for properly and are aligned.
Thanks for reading.
Sue

5 comments:

Webomatic said...

Hi

I am like you i feel confident i will get everything in on time, however there is that naging doupt in my head that i have done somthing wrong.

Suzanne Hullah said...

Hi Martyn,

Don't worry, it's just nerves. I'm sure everyone in the class is feeling the same, I know I am!

Tom Smith said...

I'm feeling the same too!

I'd just like to commend you Sue, on managing to get up to the stage you're at even though you missed out on the first couple of weeks of the course. You've done really well.

Suzanne Hullah said...

thanks tom, i feel confident that i'm at the same stage as you guys now. although i've had to work real hard to get to this point, it'll be all worth it in the end!

Craig Burgess said...

Don't underestimate the time it will take you to put everything into the Pagemaker template. It took me 7 hours the first time I did it!