Monday 22 October 2007

Half Term Rest

After the assignment deadline last week and my successful hand in, I can’t help but worry about whether or not I have passed or been referred.
With two weeks to go until I get to find out my result, I have a few things to preoccupy my mind with. Assignment A3 – Back to BASICS has been posted up onto the HND Media website, so I’ve taken the time to download this and read through it preparing any questions I may have. I’ve started some research to try and get myself a head start on the assignment, mainly about language codes.

Next week is reading week and we all have a small individual task ready and waiting for us, once we email steve. I’m going to continue with the research I’ve already started and print some information off so that once I receive my sketchbook back I can begin to write some notes up.

Before returning to college on 5th November, I’ve still to keep this blog up to date and read my classmates blogs and comment/support them. Assignment A4 will also be added onto the HND Media website, so I’ve to keep an eye out for this and print it off to read through once it does.

Thanks for reading
Sue

8 comments:

Shaun Bellis said...

Hi Sue,

It seams that we are sharing some of the same apprehensions for the up coming weeks.

It is a very good idea to follow Steve's advice by reading the next assignment now.

The next assignment for me will be more exciting for us all as we should all now have a better idea of what will be expected of us.

John Browne said...

I agree with shaun. Having access to then next assignment is a huge advantage and something that shouldn't be taken for granted (find time to understand it).

Also you involved the word worry. As Steve has said in the past it is normal to be worried about this sort of thing and thats what makes us human. But in my opinion, I dont see why people worry as to me, a refferal would be a learning curve in which to fully understand the subject. If i pass the assignment the 1st time, I wouldn't feel as if id learnt as much as what i could have done if i reffered...

Anonymous said...

Who said it's going to be a 'small' individual task!?

Richard said...

There is no shame in referring an assignment, especially in the first set of assignments. I thinks its like what John B was getting at its how you improve for the next one and the one after that. I'm sure Steve wouldn’t mind a referral as long as you show an improvement in the next assignment. You will be given detailed feedback on your assignment after you get your grades, so I'm sure there isn’t too much to worry about at this stage.

But I’ll admit I was really nervous after handing in my first 2 or 3 assignments in too.

DREW said...

I remember the Back to Basic assignment. I found it very tricky initially to let go and design on this one as I was new to web design and didn't want to design something too complicated that I wouldn't be able to make. In the end though I was pleased with the result, I think what I'm saying is don't let worry get in your way, just go for it.

As for refferals I think John has made a good point, its just a chance to learn from your mistakes.

Rebecca Bradley said...

Yes I agree that its very useful that we can read the assignments before we get back to college so that we are able to be ready for what tasks we will need to do.

James Bell said...

I have also been reading the A3 assignment and preparing questions and I plan to do the same tomorrow as the A4 assignment is now on the hnd website.

Andrew said...

It's good that you've read and already started preparing for the A3 assignment, I too have done some preparations ready for it. That will hopefully make it a smooth starting process and be able to get straight on with it, I too researched some more of the language codes and scripts enabling me to have a better grasp of that side, as it has always been a weakness of mine.