Tuesday 25 September 2007

Late Start/Time Planning & Pagemaker!

After a shaky start to this week (due to being late for class), I feel I've been more productive during my college time than last week. After completing my first draft of my competitve analysis yesterday, I've moved onto researching what makes a good screen design. This is proving to be more difficult than I originally thought. Thinking of six designs is easy, but thinking of six designs that comply with at least 12 of the W3C Web Standards is hard.

My time planning could be improved, I'm still finding it hard to break down my day into sessions rather than blocks. But my time planning for this week has gone better than last week, which shows improvement.

My biggest learning curve of the week has to be the Pagemaker lecture which Steve did on Tuesday morning. Pagemaker is a program that I've never used before so it opened my eyes to the functionality and usability of this particular piece of software, which will aid me when I come to put my assignment into it.

With three weeks left on this assignment to go, my aims for next week are:

  • Emails
    Read through emails properly that I receive from Steve, by scanning them I miss important information needed for class!
  • Screen Designs
    Complete at least 6 inital screen designs in my sketchbook, annotated.
  • Classmate Interaction
    Last week I showed that I'm good at interacting with my classmates, but I need to make my comments more relevant to helping and supporting, rather than commenting for the sake of it.
  • Proof Read Assignment
    Proof read my assignment so far and amend any mistakes.
  • Design Mechanics Presentation
    Think of some questions to ask in the Design Mechanics presentation on Wednesday (if the opportunity arises).
  • Accessibility Requirements
    Research accessibility and W3C Validations, make notes in sketchbook.
Last week I found that I'm able to achieve my weekly goals with my time plan. It taught me to discipline myself to get the work done and therefore has kept me on track for the assignment deadline. With the biggest part of my assignment coming up, (Assets List & Budget Statement), I'll certainly need to be disciplined!

Thanks for reading.
Sue

3 comments:

Greg Carrick said...

It's good to know that even though you started two weeks (I think?) later, you're on track with the work. At this rate you'll have it done before every one as well!

Suzanne Hullah said...

yes it was two weeks late, my work is going well in my opinion, but there is no way i'll be handing it in early!

Mark Torrington said...

I didn't realise (comply to at least 12 of the priority 1 W3C Web Standards), I thought it was just 1.1, 2.2, 4.2, 12.3 and 14.1?