Monday 17 September 2007

How I got here

Where I've come from:
From an early age, i've always had an interest in computers and the Internet, this interest has grown more and more as i've got older and older. When I left high school, I enroled myself onto an IT course at Wakefield College which I found interesting but I wasn't interested in the programming side of IT and prefer the units where I got to design things like spreadsheets and databases.

While I was on the course, I made my first ever website using html which i taught myself by reading instructions on the Internet. Although this website wasn't very good, it ignited an interest in design that I never knew I had before. Since then i've wanted to become some form of graphic or web designer. Using blogs and online journals carried this passion on further, as I was able to edit layouts using HTML (Hyper-Text Markup Language) and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets).

In 2006, after a year out from college, I decided to apply for HND Interactive Media, which was a course at Wakefield College but due to personal reasons I had to pull out and try again the year after. Which brings us to now. At the end of July 2007, I decided once again that i'd apply to be on the HND course, I had my interview and was accepted onto the course.

Where I want to go from here:
Once I've completed the two years on HND Interactive Media, I'd like to continue into a third year to take it to degree level. I want to be able to get the best grades that I possibly can so that after I've completed my degree I can begin a career in Web Design/Graphic Design/Multimedia.

How I'm going to do that:
Over the two/three years of the course, I'm going to work to the best of my ability so that I can develop my skills and perfect them for employment. Understanding the different language codes involved would be a big advantage to me so I need to ensure that I fully understand these concepts. Using my time plans will prepare me for working to deadlines in my career, they will help me to fully organise my time productively.

Thanks for reading
Sue

No comments: