Friday 30 January 2009

Portfolio Goals

1. My portfolio must validate to XHTML 1.0 Strict and CSS 2.1
This goal is almost a given when writing any web plan, it will make my website accessible, easy to maintain and ensure that it is display accurately across a range of browsers. It will also show any potential employer viewing my website that I have a knowledge of validation.

2. My website should conform to accessibility guidelines 1.0 Level A.
Conforming to accessibility guidelines will ensure that a wider range of users will be able to view my portfolio with ease. Again, this will show any potential employer that I have knowledge of accessibility.

3. To create a portfolio that has a working print stylesheet.
As my portfolio will be updated with new work each time I complete a new piece, keeping an up-to-date print version would be a lot of extra work. By ensuring that my online portfolio has a working print stylesheet, I can print a copy of my portfolio off each time I need a paper version.

4. To display my skills by using a variety of technologies.
Over the two years of the course, I have learnt many new skills; XHTML, CSS and PHP. I would like to be able to showcase my skills by using each of them on my portfolio – again, another way of showing potential employers what I am capable of.

No comments: