Sunday 4 May 2008

CD Artwork

Finally, I've managed to do a post containing my images for my artwork. I've tried to keep within the same theme throughout the whole of the packaging and I hope this is reflected in the ideas I've posted.

CD Body
This is the CD body, due to only using spot colours I've limited the amount of detail. Keeping the silhouettes on the body ensures that it has some relevance to the outer and inner pieces.

Digipak Inner
This is my Digipak inner, just a carry on of the outer image except it has the addition of the paragraphs of text. Not too sure about the text size at the min, that is something I'm fiddling about with.

Digipak Outer
And finally the outer, I think some explanation as to how I came to this idea is needed. As you can see, all four of the tracks on the CD have the name 'Nyala' in it. I recognised this as being a font on Windows Vista, so I researched 'Nyala' even more and found out it was also the name of a city and an animal a bit like an antelope.

From this I used my mood boards of the music I listened to and brought together my sunny, hot climate with the new Nyala information I had found out. In the background of the sunset, you can make out a map of the city Nyala.

As always, feedback is gratefully appreciated.

Thanks for reading,
Sue

1 comment:

Craig Burgess said...

I like the overall feel you have for the CD cover - it has a very African feeling to it. Whether this style suits the music or not I don't know, but that is the vibe I get from the CD case. Very calm and serene.

2 points I noticed with your CD case desgin: the black text on your inlay(?) may be quite difficult to read when printed, so I'd opt for white or a more contrasting colour. Second point - on your CD label the Emit logo is on a black background and I'm not sure if it looks right. Maybe try adding some extra space around the black box so the logo doesn't look so hemmed in?

Finally, I'm not sure about the use of Myriad after you have used a serif for the title. Maybe use another serif for the text?

Other than that, it's looking good.