Tuesday 27 November 2007

Pixel by Pixel

After receiving the restoration task last week, this week has been dedicated to adding some colour to my image. Finding a suitable flesh tone was the hardest task and to be honest, I’m still not 100% happy with the colours that I’ve chosen, so throughout the rest of this week I will be dedicated my A4 self study time on improving my tones and working on areas that are still need some attention. During our seminar group today, we showed our restoration images and the work we’ve done on them so far. As you can see below, mine still needs some work doing to it.

Image RestorationTo get us into design industry practise, we had a timed task yesterday. In half an hour we had to design and create a business card, set to a specific brief. Initially I found this quite daunting, as I usually prefer to plan things out in a lot more time than the 15 minutes sketchbook work we were given. But once our time was over, I had produced quite a few ideas that I thought could be developed into something better. After printing off and sticking our designs on the wall, I was pleased to find out that my business card adhered to the brief Steve set and that there were no typographical errors.

My work on the A3 assignment is now picking up speed. This week I’ve finished the content section of the web plan and now I’ve moved onto some initial thumbnail work. Yesterdays exercise has helped me a lot with this. To make sure that my ideas were off the top of my head and not too thought out, I set myself a time limit in which to get a certain number of ideas down in my book. Hopefully by the end of the week, I can choose five to develop and show them on my blog for feedback.


For next week’s seminar, I need a fair bit of work ready for feedback.

  • Web Content (which I completed last week)
  • Screen Designs
  • Site Structure Diagram
  • Assets List
  • Budget Statement

Because of the level of work needed, I’ve done a time plan with a quota over 32 hours. This may increase during the week as I think I may have under estimated some tasks.

Thanks for reading.
Sue

6 comments:

Tom Smith said...

I think in order to complete all the things for A3 this week all of us would have to put in well over 32 hours work!!

To be honest, I doubt I'm going to manage to get it all done, but I'm going to try my hardest!

John Browne said...

Its good to know your 1 step a head with the web content. Perhaps you should take a look at James's journal entry and read the part about including Monday and Tuesdays learnings to use with the web designs.

Keep up the good work also. You started strong and I think you should also end strong....

James Bell said...

I previously found it difficult to create the thumbnail designs as I was thinking about them to much but I think that the Monday and Tuesdays exercises have definitely help me with this.

Michelle Bonfield said...

I have to admit I really wasn't up for it when Steve announced on Monday morning we were going to do a timed task! Honestly, talk about getting us at our best!

But, as soon as we started I really got into it. I think it's just about conditioning ourselves to work in that way. I'm definately going to try it this weekend on my designs. Hope you got on well with yours!

Gary Benn said...

I am now starting to feel the pressure also, however i don't think i will get it all complete and ready but i think ill be well on the way.

I think it has made me slightly more relaxed about having today off and getting quite alot of work complete. But on the other hand it has shown me what i need to put in. fingers crossed i will be on track come next week.

Anonymous said...

Comment deadline.